What is SH-AWD®?
Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™, or SH-AWD®, is an electronically controlled drivetrain that has been designed to help improve performance in all types of weather conditions. This advanced all-wheel drive system uses sophisticated engineering to help maximize performance and efficiency. Find out how SH-AWD® works, and then find your own AWD Acura vehicle at First Acura in Seekonk, MA.
If you’re looking for a new vehicle near Providence that is able to respond to your every command, then Acura has the answer with SH-AWD®. This system is able to read road conditions and driving behavior in order to send power where it’s needed most based on things like traction and vehicle weight distribution. Highlights of the system include:
- Available power distribution between front and rear axles
- Available power distribution between both rear wheels
- System analysis of steering angle, lateral G-force, yaw rate, and wheel speed
- Ability to send up to 45% of power to rear wheels under hard acceleration
- Ability to send up to 70% of torque to the rear axles, all of which can be sent to an individual rear wheel, during hard cornering
The SH-AWD® system isn’t solely focused on maximizing performance. It also dramatically improves efficiency over normal all-wheel drive system thanks to its ability to send up to 90% of power to the front wheels during normal cruising situations at consistent speeds and along relatively straight lines.
Find a New Acura with SH-AWD® Near Providence Today!
You’ll find SH-AWD® offered on a wide range of new models at First Acura, including the new Acura TLX and several Acura SUVs & crossovers. Our dealership is located just a 15-minute drive from Warwick off of I-195 at 16 Highland Avenue Route 6 in Seekonk, MA. Our sales team is here to help you out and take you on a test drive seven days a week, beginning at 9:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday and 12:00 p.m. on Sunday. Feel free to contact us here or give us a call at (855) 638-1491.