Is Tire Rotation Necessary?
We all know that taking care of our tires is crucial to getting around Warwick. But that begs the question – is tire rotation necessary? Or do we simply need to change our tires at regular intervals? Read below to find out why it is important to rotate your tires and what happens during a tire rotation!
Why Rotate Tires?
There are many reasons to rotate your tires, including the fact that:
- Tires tend to wear unevenly.
- Leaving tires in place, front tires will wear down much more quickly than the back tires, because the front usually bears more weight.
- Without rotation, you’ll likely have to replace your tires thousands of miles sooner than you would otherwise.
- Wear on tires can indicate other problems on your vehicle, including poor alignment or unbalanced tires.
What Happens During a Tire Rotation?
There are three key components to a tire rotation:
- Each tire and wheel is removed from your vehicle. They are then moved to a different position (front right wheel to the back left, for example).
- Technicians should check air pressure on each tire, and adjust as necessary.
- With the tires off your vehicle, it’s the ideal time to check your brakes, as they’re easier to see and reach.
Schedule Tire Service with First Acura in Seekonk
Schedule your automotive service with First Acura for routine maintenance including tire rotations, major repairs, and authentic Acura parts! We can also help you prepare your vehicle emergency kit, to ensure that you are prepared for anything that can happen on the road.