How to Prepare Your Vehicle Emergency Kit
Don’t find yourself stuck on a busy highway or obscure road outside of Providence without anything to get yourself out of a bind. Find out how to prepare your vehicle emergency kit with First Acura so that you’re ready should minor inconveniences or bigger issues take place!
Vehicle Emergency Kit: What You Need
When you prepare your own vehicle emergency kit, you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing what is and isn’t included. Some essentials recommended by the experts to include in your vehicle emergency kit are:
- First Aid kit, including Band-Aids, gauze, ibuprofen or similar, antibiotic ointment, and more
- Small, easy-to-store fire extinguisher
- Road flares if they aren’t included in your tire-changing tools (spare tire, jack, etc.)
- Jumper cables
- Tarp and rain ponchos
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Drinking water and non-perishable snacks
- Duct tape
- Small tool kit with screwdrivers, pliers, wrench, tire pressure gauge, etc.
- Road maps
- Necessary fluids like antifreeze, washer fluid, oil, and more, especially if your car is older
Emergency Kit Tips
Here are a few tips to ensure that your vehicle emergency kit adheres to what you might need near Warwick:
- Adapt your kit to accommodate the weather in your area. Add an ice scraper, a small shovel, and blankets for harsh winters, for example.
- Add items that meet your family’s needs, such as diapers if you have kids or a water bowl if you have pets.
- Compile many vehicle emergency kits or keep extra supplies at home to replenish the original.
- Consider keeping items like a cell phone car charger, cash, an empty gas jug, and more on hand for ease in emergencies.
Schedule Service with First Acura
Do your best to avoid roadside emergencies by scheduling your routine maintenance, including regular oil changes, with First Acura near Cranston! We’re happy to explain anything Acura and everything in between!