10 Family Things to Do in Providence This Spring
Now that winter is behind us, it’s time to get outside and enjoy the warmer weather! Consider these 10 family things to do in Providence this spring!
Plan ahead this spring and take your family to the following events taking place near Providence!
- Providence Children’s Film Festival: Features independent and international films for children and families, plus year-round programs.
- WaterFire Providence: A series of bonfires installed on the three rivers in downtown Providence; takes place several times a month between May and November.
- Sporting events: Head to a Pawtucket Red Sox in a town neighboring Providence to enjoy America’s pastime, or enjoy a Providence Bruins hockey game.
Activities and Hotspots
Take advantage of the following locations and activities in Providence this spring:
- Roger Williams Park Zoo: The third oldest zoo in the country, featuring almost 1,000 animals and 165 species on display.
- Providence Children’s Museum: Hands-on exhibitions and programs designed for children between the ages of 1 and 11.
- RISD Museum: Take in the more than 91,000 pieces of art on display at the Rhode Island School of Design Museum.
- La Gondola: Travel the rivers of Providence on a gondola.
- Museum of Natural History and Planetarium: Includes historical artifacts, astronomy displays, scavenger hunts, and more.
- Providence Athenaeum Library: A historic library dating back to the 1800s featuring intricately designed bookcases and tours.
- Historical sites: Other historical sites worth visiting include the Providence State House, the Roger Williams National Memorial, and Benefit Street.
More Things to Do in Providence
*Photo Credit http://www.rwpzoo.org/