2018 Acura TLX vs. 2017 Honda Accord
2018 Acura TLX
2017 Honda Accord
In more ways than one, the 2018 Acura TLX marks itself as a leader in the world of the mid-size sedan. This is especially true when it’s compared with both its luxury and non-luxury competitors. The 2018 TLX offers supreme elegance, world-class performance, and a remarkable level of value. To give you an idea of what makes the TLX special, we put it side-by-side with another popular mid-size sedan. See how the performance, warranty, and features of the TLX compare to the 2017 Honda Accord below.
Although both the 2018 Acura TLX and the 2017 Honda Accord come powered by 2.4L inline-four engines, they generate very different sets of specs.
- The TLX performance specs, for example, come in at 206 hp and 182 lb-ft of torque for the base 2.4L engine.
- The Accord’s 2.4L four-cylinder is capable of up to 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque on the entry-level LX model.
Both cars offer a V6 engine as well:
- The 3.5L V6 of the TLX is capable of up to 290 hp, and TLX models equipped with the V6 engine can be had with Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) as well.
- The 2017 Accord EX-L V6 offers an upgrade over its 2.4L engine, delivering up to 278 hp. Each Accord is equipped with front-wheel drive as standard.
When you invest in a vehicle, you want the peace of mind that it will serve you for years to come, and you find it in the warranty. Basic warranty coverage is often expansive and includes a wide list of features while the powertrain warranty covers essential components of the engine and drivetrain.
- Acura’s Warranty Coverage: The 2017 TLX includes a powertrain warranty that spans 72 months or 70,000 miles (whichever is first) and includes a basic warranty that lasts 48 months or 50,000 miles.
- Honda’s Warranty Coverage: The 2017 Accord is protected by a 36-month/36,000-mile basic warranty and a 60-month/60,000-mile powertrain warranty.
The 2018 Acura TLX is a luxury vehicle, and it proves itself as such with just one look at the features. The following amenities and technology come standard on the TLX:
- Memory driver seat functionality
- Power moonroof
- Bluetooth voice-activated controls
- Universal garage door opener
- Adaptive cruise control
- Power-adjustable, heated front seats with lumbar support controls
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Satellite radio
- LED headlights
- Push-button start
Learn More About the 2018 Acura TLX
Now that you have seen how the 2018 Acura TLX compares to the 2017 Honda Accord, we want to know what you think. You can get a closer look at a TLX at First Acura – in fact, we’ll put you behind the wheel! Find out more about the TLX by shopping the inventory at First Acura. Our team is always ready to answer questions!
*2017 Acura Images Shown